• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Advice/Help stream all my media/movies

:mad:
I just purchased Asus EEE Pad Transformer and I'm new to Android 3.1.
My main purpose to getting this tablet is the diversity of using traditional keyboard/mouse and joy of having tablet / touch screen. I really really want the ability to stream all my media (movies etc...) from my PC running Windows 7 using UNC path to share my media and also using UPNP such as PS3 Media server to stream to my PS3?

1. Android 3.1 has "My Net" wich see's my PS3 Media server but can't play any media...just get hour glass...
2. Tried connecting to UNC path (i had to use filemanager HD so it could connecto to UNC ex: \\serverpath\videos and everytime I click a video it want's to download the entire thing....? I would expect media player would simply stream it...?
3. Tried copying some of my media/movies to SD card connect via filemanager and open any avi files "open file failed"? ... I tried several other file formats/encod mp4/m4v etc... no go...

I'm very disapointed that I can't even play common formats out of the box... can you plase recommend a great media player such as VLC native client that would work on Android??? I'm just about to give up on Android and return this... and please create a Netflix App!!!!!!!!!!!! so I can also watch movies from this device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones