• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help debranding Orange HTC Desire for Stock Froyo

polesp

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
Hey guys,

I am a total newb on all this debranding, flashing business. Spend the past week checking all sorts of forums etc and also waiting endlessly for froyo to be released to our Desires! Problem is i am still a bit unclear, so if anyone could give me help, that'd be really nice
biggrin.gif

Ok, here is the thing:
I have an Orange branded phone, got it via phones4u on orange, ive already unlocked it with a code and currently using 02 Sim on it.

I'd like to retain my warranty, so wouldn't like to root, so my other choice is flashing it right ? :S

I just want the stock froyo on my HTC, but since its orange branded i heard that there might be some problems with radio or something :S

Tbh, I dont even know what radio means! LOL i just want the stock Froyo released by HTC, on my phone without waiting for orange to bring their crapped down version
biggrin.gif

Any help, please!!!

PS: ive got a spare memory card for any gold card business, just need some pointers for that :p

^ No, not in my experience. I've debranded all my mobiles (from Orange) and they've never said a thing when it comes to repairs.

And if something needs a warrenty repair, then it's because it's faultly. You won't be returning for any issues with the Orange ROM (seeing as you aren't using it) so HTC will look after your warrenty. Yes, you have a 6 month warrenty with Orange and a 2 year warrenty minimum with HTC. Seeing as ultimately any defects are HTC's problem and Froyo official 2.2 with Sense is HTC's problem, I don't see how debranding should make you concered for your warrenty.

Upvote 0
oh i see, so i should be relatively safe then? got orange and htc backing me up in case by the looks of it, ill consider getting private insurance done on it too lol

just one thing what are the chances of my phone bricking up and where can i get the stock rom with froyo released by htc? Also once i got the stock rom, what happens with updates? will OTA be working properly or do i have to reflash it everytime there is an update??

can someone show me a step by step guide on how to do this all? :O
I am a total newb on this :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones