• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Installing MIUI on the EVO

Thank God for nandroid. I have been trying to install MIUI but everytime I do, I get the error 7 message. Is there something I am not doing right? Could anyone here post how you installed this great looking ROM in step to step instructions? I am currently on the latest Fresh and using the latest Fresh kernel. Thanks a bunch.

I don't know exactly what recovery you are using but when going to a CM or MIUI based ROM it seems to be better off if you have the alternate RA recovery installed......You can back up your WiMax keys too which is important...If I were you I would install Rom Manager from the market and flash the alternate Recovery from ROM Manager. Then see if you MIUI Rom installs...also try re-downloading the ROM and installing on you SD card cause it could just be a bad download.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones