• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help on phone purchase

vibe

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new phone (currently have a nokia) and I'm thinking of getting into the android revolution :). I'm currently using tmobile pay-as-you-go and would like to continue that if possible, which means I'll need to pay full price for an unlocked phone. So, the features I am looking for are:

- tmobile sim card compatible (unlocked)
- can be used as a good mp3 player
- wifi capable
- works abroad (i tend to travel to europe occasionally)

Can anyone recommend a good and affordable phone I could look into?

Also, does anyone know if its possible to use tmobile prepaid and still get 3G internet access?

You can get the tmobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S. But I don't think you can use it as a pay as you go type phone (might be wrong on this). I think they're starting to come out with some pay as you go Android phones, tho they won't nearly be as good of a phone as a lot of the mainstream phones.

Upvote 0
Well first it would have to be a GSM phone obviously. But what I meant was.....well I'm not sure what I really meant by saying you can't use it now that I think about it. But yah you can use an Android after you buy it and unlock it. A friend of mine did that actually, but he did it with an iPhone 3GS tho. But concept is still the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones