Need help on phone purchase

Last Updated:

1. vibe

vibe New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new phone (currently have a nokia) and I'm thinking of getting into the android revolution :). I'm currently using tmobile pay-as-you-go and would like to continue that if possible, which means I'll need to pay full price for an unlocked phone. So, the features I am looking for are:

- tmobile sim card compatible (unlocked)
    - can be used as a good mp3 player
    - wifi capable
    - works abroad (i tend to travel to europe occasionally)

Can anyone recommend a good and affordable phone I could look into?

Also, does anyone know if its possible to use tmobile prepaid and still get 3G internet access?

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

You can get the tmobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S. But I don't think you can use it as a pay as you go type phone (might be wrong on this). I think they're starting to come out with some pay as you go Android phones, tho they won't nearly be as good of a phone as a lot of the mainstream phones.

3. vibe

vibe New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I could just buy any phone I want, unlock it and use a tmobile sim card?

4. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Well first it would have to be a GSM phone obviously. But what I meant was.....well I'm not sure what I really meant by saying you can't use it now that I think about it. But yah you can use an Android after you buy it and unlock it. A friend of mine did that actually, but he did it with an iPhone 3GS tho. But concept is still the same.