• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help: soaked phone

Any knows what happened to a phone when it drops in the toilet?
One of my Girlfriends drop her Galaxy in the toilet..
I was wondering if I can find another motherboard to fix it up.
Does anyone know any sites?
From what I understand the Battery is Bad and also the white foil paper
behind the battery that's on the phone is also pink.
Pink meaning it's bad correct?
I took the phone apart So if anybody knows something
Let me know
Thanks A LOT!
:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about (another) soaked Android device, mikeyvaj.

It may not be too late to extract what remaining moisture may be inside by placing it in a container of dry, uncooked rice for several hours. The rice draws moisture out.

Then get as much rubbing alcohol as you can and start swabbing it everywhere you can reach, as that type of alcohol (don't use booze ;)) displaces tiny amounts of moisture and then evaporates quickly.

If water damage has already occurred, to the point of non-functionality (after replacing with a new battery for good measure), then it is of course time to take the device in for repair or replacement.

Reactions: mikeyvaj
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about (another) soaked Android device, mikeyvaj.

It may not be too late to extract what remaining moisture may be inside by placing it in a container of dry, uncooked rice for several hours. The rice draws moisture out.

Then get as much rubbing alcohol as you can and start swabbing it everywhere you can reach, as that type of alcohol (don't use booze ;)) displaces tiny amounts of moisture and then evaporates quickly.

If water damage has already occurred, to the point of non-functionality (after replacing with a new battery for good measure), then it is of course time to take the device in for repair or replacement.

The phone still turns on but the screen is blurr...
is it no good anymore? I know for a fact to get a new battery..
Do let me know more about this.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones