• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help using Root Explorer

globalmark

Lurker
Dec 13, 2010
Hi

I am trying to remove the "optus" applications (australian provider) in my phone and read that this Root explorer is the best one to use - so I paid and installed the application - however all the info i can find says go to -
Systems _ App then select the unwanted applications and delete or uninstall !
However none of the Applications I do not want are in that file , they are all in
System_ Carrier _ persist-app and if I try the same way of deleting/uninstalling it does not let me
if i click on the unwanted Application it give me a Choice or install, Cancel or View (install just installs not Uninstalls)
How can I get rid of these unwanted applications - they are Optus Directory Assist, Optus Music store, Optus Applications Store, Optus MY Account, Twitter and Ciao all stuff i will never use or want .
Thanks Mark

Hello globalmark.

I see by your other posts in the Garminphone section that you are probably referring to that device.

I'm nearly certain that the Garminphone has not yet been rooted, meaning it is not yet possible to access certain files in that device via Root Explorer.

The method for removing unwanted files using Root Explorer on a rooted device is to long press that file name and a menu of choices will pop up, "delete" being one of the choice. Once selected, a confirmation dialog will appear, select yes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones