• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help w/ CyanogenMod-6 for Hero CDMA

Cirehawk, I followed your instructions to the T but it looks like you forgot an important one, WIPE. I'm not blaming you for anything, especially since I've seen everybody that flashed a rom mention "wipe" at least a billion times. I just didn't do it since you nor JB didn't mention it.

I was on the
cyanogen boot up screen for about 30 minutes before I did a battery pull, still only getting the same screen. So,I pressed home + power, wiped, flashed CM6 again. Everything is fine.

When you have a moment, please add wipe to your otherwise precise instructions, thanks.

Upvote 0
OK so I finally have Froyo on my Hero, now how do I get my setup from 2.1 to 2.2? Especially swype? I'll be pissed if I can't get swype on 2.2. Do I have to redownload everything? What about apps that I purchased? Thanks.

To get all your apps and stuff, you will have to re download them all. If you don't have swype beta, you will have to register for it and re download it as well. you can get it here Swype | Text Input for Screens you will have to sign up for the beta, and they will send you an email with all the directions you need to download/install th latest swype beta. Purchased apps are linked to your google acct, so you can redownload them for free.

Reactions: JD_from_da_80s
Upvote 0
Cirehawk, I followed your instructions to the T but it looks like you forgot an important one, WIPE. I'm not blaming you for anything, especially since I've seen everybody that flashed a rom mention "wipe" at least a billion times. I just didn't do it since you nor JB didn't mention it.

I was on the cyanogen boot up screen for about 30 minutes before I did a battery pull, still only getting the same screen. So,I pressed home + power, wiped, flashed CM6 again. Everything is fine.

When you have a moment, please add wipe to your otherwise precise instructions, thanks.
You are right! Cirehawk didn't mention it, and I missed it as well. :eek: Each ROM comes with instructions, and those instructions may or may not say that wiping is required. NOT wiping won't cause any permanent damage...it just might go into a "boot loop" rather than loading properly when you try to boot the first time. If this does happen, it is easy to remove the battery, reboot into recovery, wipe, the flash the rom again.

It is always best to read the specific instructions for the rom you are flashing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones