• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with a few things

ndwgolf

Jan 16, 2010
Malaysia
1/. is there a spell checker for the stock brouser
2/. how do you open an extra window or tab in the stock browser
3/. I have all my bookmarks set up on my iMac and want to see these on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus....how do I do that

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

1. From home screen, Home > Language and Keyboard > Samsung keypad put a check in XT9. Warning, it has a mind of it's own, watch closely or it will decide what you are saying for itself.
2. Press menu key and choose New Window. To go back to an open window, press menu then Windows and choose which page.
3. Instructions:
Transfer Bookmarks to The Android Browser - SocialTimes.com

Upvote 0
1. From home screen, Home > Language and Keyboard > Samsung keypad put a check in XT9. Warning, it has a mind of it's own, watch closely or it will decide what you are saying for itself.
2. Press menu key and choose New Window. To go back to an open window, press menu then Windows and choose which page.
3. Instructions:
Transfer Bookmarks to The Android Browser - SocialTimes.com
Sorry on my Galaxy nexus what is the home screen and where is the menu key??

Upvote 0
By home screen I mean any of the screens you see when you first turn the phone on, in other words not in an application. To get to the phone settings you need to be on any of the home screens you have. The Menu Key is at the bottom of the phone, it is usually the first key on the left in portrait mode.

Note that while in an application, that you can hit the menu key and will get a menu for that particular application, such as the browser.

Reactions: ndwgolf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones