• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help with Alcatel onetouch pop D3.

there is no section for it and i need help with my phone. i am unable to say delete something without it taking up memory, i cant turn my volume on for my alarm ( even in settings>audio profiles>general>volume>alarms ) shows mute no matter what i do, and nothing i do will work. factory reset is out of the question and i dont know how to root ( and i dont wanna mess my phone up more by doing so ) and nothing else works. plz help.

It's not clear exactly what problem you're describing. Maybe you can give more details to explain how you're unable to delete without taking up memory (I don't know what that means).

At any rate, if you have a lot of things wrong, there are some things to try short of factory reset:
You've tried rebooting?
Clear cache?
Clear cache in recovery ? (I'm not sure whether that can be done on your phone)
Or boot into safe mode?

Upvote 0
It's not clear exactly what problem you're describing. Maybe you can give more details to explain how you're unable to delete without taking up memory (I don't know what that means).

At any rate, if you have a lot of things wrong, there are some things to try short of factory reset:
You've tried rebooting?
Clear cache?
Or boot into safe mode?
i clear cache, and im not seeing my memory go up, but rather down like its sucking the memory out when i delete. there is a refresh option on the phone but that does nothing to it but have a notification stating a few seconds later that im low on memory ( ive even had it to the point i couldnt send or receive texts due to the apparent insufficient memory, and to think, i have over 25 GB on my SD card thats not being used because nothing will save to it when selected.

Upvote 0

You've tried rebooting?
Clear cache?
Or boot into safe mode?
and in safe mode my SD card is " damaged " and it wants me to format it. like i cant seem to win.

Upvote 0
I got this message from op, which is worth sharing so everyone can help solve the problem
so now what after im in safe mode? im still getting the " insufficient memory " in safe mode as well.
Safe mode disables all apps except system apps.

If your problem went away in safe mode, that narrows it down to user-installed apps and it'd be somewhat easy to figure out (uninstall your user apps)

Unfortunately since your problem remains in safe mode, I'm running out of ideas other than reset.
On your phone you can clear cache: privacy-and-security / clear cache

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones