• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with getting a video to play.

smac23

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
I was taking a video the other day and I dropped my phone mid video and when my phone dropped the battery came out.

The video is on my phone but will not let me play it. It is is greyed out with a weird square in the middle with an exclamation in the bottom right corner of that square.

Basically I want to know if there is a way to make that video "ungrey" and play, because I'm dying to see it.

You might not be able to do much with it on the phone. You could try transferring it to your PC, and see if it will play with something like VideoLan. That's rather good at dealing with broken and incomplete video files. VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!
That's if anything got stored before the phone lost power, and it's not just a directory entry.

You can also check that it's not showing as zero bytes, if it is I don't think you'll get anything back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones