• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with HTC Amaze

jcoughlan

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
I wonder if anyone has this problem with the phone. I've tried everything. The Amaze has a VERY annoying habit of just messing up the order of pictures when I save them. I'm really irritated because my old Samsung Galaxy always saved the files exactly the way I wanted them. The Amaze refuses to save the pics in any order. It won't save the file folders by name. It even randomly puts pics from one file in another! And no, putting numbers after each pic doesn't help either. It jumbles them up! How do you transfer pics from a computer to the phone with titled file folders and in numerical order?

I connected the cable and used the top dropdown menu to go to the file settings and the window pops up. I went to DCIM and dragged and dropped the pics in order. The phone NEVER ever saves them in the order I moved the files! It always scrambles them up!

I think I should give an example: (The Galaxy S never has problems doing this)

Suppose you save pics from vacation so one file is labelled "vacation."
Then you have pics of your co-workers so it's labelled "work."

In the vacation file, each pic is named NY01, NY02 and so on.
In the work file, each pic is named work01, work02 and so on.

When I save it, the files on the phone ALWAYS revert to "camera shots" and "all photos". It mixes up the transferred pics with the ones taken by the phone camera and also DELETES the titles "vacation" and "work." It won't let me keep the order or the titles! Why?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones