• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help with rooting replacement hero.

xmattx920x

May 18, 2010
so I haven't had to root since we where using flashrec to flash recovery and i'm having a little bit of a problem. i had to get a replacement phone and to my dismay it came with 2.1 already loaded up to 2.31.651.7. I used superoneclick to root. now i have SU in my apps and if i use astro to browse i can up folder out of the sd card to the root of the device. BUT when i try to flash recovery using rom manager i never get a notification to allow SU permissions. any ideas? i just want my cm 6.1 back, sense makes me want to throw up...

so I haven't had to root since we where using flashrec to flash recovery and i'm having a little bit of a problem. i had to get a replacement phone and to my dismay it came with 2.1 already loaded up to 2.31.651.7. I used superoneclick to root. now i have SU in my apps and if i use astro to browse i can up folder out of the sd card to the root of the device. BUT when i try to flash recovery using rom manager i never get a notification to allow SU permissions. any ideas? i just want my cm 6.1 back, sense makes me want to throw up...

Few ideas....one - Try updating your Superuser App.
2 try z4root.

Reactions: xmattx920x
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones