• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need new android phone. Recommendations?

mikee286

May 28, 2012
I currently have an HTC desire C which has become very slow and sometimes doesn't pick up calls and music stutters when I use the keyboard. I am in the market for something running newer android and has a bigger screen ideally in the 4 inch range. I prefer stock android over branded themes like htc sense which just bog the phone down.

Phones I am currently looking into are the Moto G 4G LTE model and the Moto E.

However I can't find these anywhere in canada unlocked. The Us motorola site has them both for sale unlocked but the canadian site doesn't have the moto E.
The moto G lte on the canadian site is only offered in carriers. This is no good for me as I Will be moving to the US at some point.

Also I am fairly new here and if this is in the wrong section just tell me and move it.

Thank you

I would lean towards the G LTE if I was going the G route. Only for the SD card slot though. I am a heavy SD card user. Checked amazon just now they are all a complete ripoff when compared to the MSRP. They actually want 320$ for an unlocked 8gb moto G (non lte version). That is the cheapest I can find.

My price range is under 250$

I don't play high end games I mostly just use GPS apps, browse the web, and listen to music. Mostly listening to music and browsing the web at the same time. On my current phone doing just that causes extreme lag.

Upvote 0
For the moto G lte? I know it will work in canada and us but I can't find the one with LTE anywhere other than motorola who is offering it locked to fido or rogers not unlocked. Given what I saw on amazon it looks like sellers are almost doubling the price of their phones compared to what you can get them for in the US. I want to see if there is a way to get a Moto G lte (one with the SD card slot) for a good deal either in canada or somehow get one from the US. None of this 300$ BS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones