Need To Reinstall My PhoneGeneral

1. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

My LG Optimus took a dump on me. When you power it on, it shows LG, and then turns off, and then turns back on and shows LG, and turns back off. It never passes that point. I didn't have a computer so I could not get on here to get it reinstalled from factory state. I have a admire now, but I know this can indeed be done. I can't seem to find anything to download to reinstall, nor can I remember the commands on the phone to enter any install modes. Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Muilisx

I can't even get the phone to turn on now, with the battery or without the battery. I guess never mind
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Did you try to plug it in and turn it on?
  4. Muilisx

Yeah, normally, if you remove the battery, and plug it in, it will turn on asking for the battery, but it doesn't even do that anymore. While I was moving, I had the phone packed away with the battery in for about 3 months or so, maybe that ruined the phone or something, cus now even if I did download the files I need to reinstall the phone, I have no way of getting the phone into that install mode.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

There is a 4 button, need to have battery totally dead, then plug into charger method that is used to get into E-Mode.
    Let me do some research to find the actual button combo and sequence.

EDIT: With the battery totally dead try holding down HOME+CAMERA+VOLUME DOWN. This is the tricky part: With all those buttons held you need to plug the charger in and press the power button at the same time. This might take a few try's. You might need a third hand, it ain't easy.
  6. Muilisx

I might be able to do this using my stomach to push the charger in. What does this exactly do, re-set the battery or something to get it to turn on? Going to try this now.
  7. Muilisx

Just tried a few times with my moms help. I just had her push the charger into the wall when I told her to, but it's not working at all. I can't get the phone to turn on at all. :(
  8. Muilisx

ok I got it!!!

I took out the sd card, and when I put the battery back in and pluged it in, it turned on flashing LG, so now I just need the files and exactly how to get the phone to load off the sd card once the file is on there or how ever u gotta do it.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Does it go into recovery?
  10. Muilisx

The only thing I can get it into is

S/W Upgrade
    Do Not Unplug
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

12. Muilisx

13. Muilisx

Worked! Bur my power button is broken so ill prob have to root and remap the power button or something
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Plug in USB and take it out as soon as you see LG logo, this applies to any android phone. It may apply to other phones as well.
  15. Muilisx

I figured this much out :p Kind of common sense, but I would hope people would realize this trick :p Now I am in the process of charging the phone and trying to format the SD card so I can start downloading tools I need
  16. Muilisx

well, my journey ends here, im having to do the very last part of these instructions where I gotta put stuff on my sd card, but seems the micro card reader on the phone is broken too for some reason :( It won't recognize theres a sd card there, no matter how many cards I try. So now this phone is left as a wifi device only, I have no service to even the metro team if I wanted to put a line on it I cant, and I cant download anything that requires the sd card, so now i can finish fully fixing the phone :( It's all good, thanks for all the help.
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Try putting in the SD card while the phone is off.
  18. Muilisx

I've tried that too, no avail.
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Did you reformat it?
  20. Muilisx

yes, the phone simply won't recognize it. I think the actual reader is broken. The phone just tells me the card was removed, no matter what I try
  21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

That really sucks. Idk how you'll flash a custom rom without sd card or even a recovery....
  22. Muilisx

Guess I can't :(
  23. AndyOpie150

How did you reformat the uSD card and what did you format it to?
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Its not connecting to metro because you need to flash a prl with lgnpst

@Andy he tried more than one card^
  25. AndyOpie150

Ok. Card reader is definitely toast.