• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need urgent help with HS-U939

Hello there.

I really do hope that you would be able to help me with my HS-U939.

OK first thing first. I have a HS-U939 that became very slow and unresponsive I then decided to reload the firmware for that would maybe fix my device. I made a full backup of my phone with everything included like build.prop, boot.img, system.img, etc. I accidently loaded a wrong firmware on my device :( Now I am stuck. When I turn my device on now it just goes into a continues bootloop and only show the Hisesnse screen but a few days earlier it went further and showed a white fuzzy screen alone. I am able to go into fastboot mode but nothing seems to work there it just stuck on every command I type. My PC only detects my phone as USB developer for few seconds before dissapearing again (with and without battery) ADB does not detect my phone only Fastboot. I have downloaded the firmware for my phone and put it on TF card but when my phone starts it says reading tf card... and then after few seconds it just restarts?? Please tell me you guys have a solution for me. SP flash tool also don't detect my phone and won't even accept the scatter file. Hoping for the best :)

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Sorry to see you are having trouble. I don't have any experience with this device or with any Hisense device. How did you make a backup of your boot.img & system.img? I would assume you used a custom recovery to do this; but there doesn't seem to be a lot of resources or information out there about this device.

If you used a custom recovery, try using fastboot to flash the recovery.img again and then restore your backup. If a custom recovery is not what you used then I'm not sure right now what else to try.

Upvote 0
Hi. I used MobileGo to root my device can't remember exactly how I got the system and boot files though. I didn't install a custom recovery because as you said there is not a lot info on this device. Whenever I use Fastboot it just get stuck on flashing recovery but nowhere further and on screen shows writing recovery I left it for several hours but nothing happens.

Upvote 0
The act of rooting changed the file system. Recovery checks that everything is the same in many devices the same way updates do. If it notices changes it aborts or in older models it doesn't check and boot loops the device. You need a real custom recovery but with device support being so limited that probably isn't an option. Check device manufacturer site to see if their is a system image,system update you can put on sd to restore from or software they use to do the restore. Outside if that I am not aware if much else that might be helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones