New Droid, rooted had problems, unrooted still have problems - Warranty Issue?

Last Updated:

1. DroidAddict

DroidAddict Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had an original Droid that I had rooted for many months with very few issues. Unfortunately I damaged the original and through Assurion (sp?) recieved a new (not refurbed) Droid that I immediately rooted.

However I have had nothing but problems with random FC'ing, apps working one moment, not the next, apps all of sudden not loaded on the phone, just when I think a ROM is working and do a Nandroid back up getting stuck in a bootloop; tried every Kernal I could come across and nothing would work regardless of voltage.

After about 3 weeks of this, I got fed up and unrooted today. But I'm finding my Droid is still acting in a very similar fashion. Matter of fact while I'm writing this, ADW just FC'd on me, I rebooted and I'm stuck on the red eye. Since I'm not rooted and can't boot into recovery, I have no idea how to reset...lol while pulling my hair out.

Anyone experience issues like this? Could I possibly have a faulty Droid that is causing these issues?.....Warranty issue?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh bye the way, I am using a new battery as well, since I thought maybe that was causing some of the problems.

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

You can still access the stock recovery but maybe you should try to flash the stock sbf with rsd lite again to try and clear up some of these issues. Maybe you had a bad flash.

3. gorillaman44

gorillaman44 New Member

I'm having clockwork problems if any can help pleas I rooted and did clockwork recovery but when I go in to recovery mode its not clockwork

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member