• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new look to market

Hmph. Wouldn't you STILL have to have a data plan with the phone? Sprint requires having a data plan with any and all smart phones... I dunno...

Of course I have a data plan, but sprint nav isn't included in my data plan. I also don't have the option to get free wireless to any wireless number, only free sprint to sprint. Google Nav works great for me though.

Upvote 0
:p
Just an fyi, Sprint Navigation isn't free to everyone, I don't have it because it cost me if I want it.

Pardon my lack of clarity.

To clarify, Sprint Navigation is FREE only if you have a "Simply Everything" data plan. Otherwise, there can be some charges for using it...as described here:

Sprint Navigation

Personally, I think the Sprint Navigation is excellent and works very well. Better than Google Navigation for driving. However, the initial dialing in to the Sprint phone system through the app can be a pain the ass.

Google Navigation can be quicker to use oftentimes...

Upvote 0
Well, none of those developers' apps will get used on my phone, then.

This ticks me off (actually, you can insert a much stronger word of your choice in place of "ticks").

First, it's not done via an update. I haven't updated my profile or PRL or anything else on my end in several weeks. Sprint pushed it out with no notice.

Second, to get MY downloads, I now have to push two extra buttons. (Yeah, not a big deal, but irksome).

Third, we get it Sprint. YOUR FARKING BRAND IS ALL OVER THE PHONE, not to mention all your farking crappy apps that can't be uninstalled. WE FARKING KNOW WE'RE USING A SPRINT PHONE.

Fourth, your recommendations are crap repeats of crap that is already promoted on the Market. Could you give us something like a CS app? Nooooooo. Not nearly that creative or customer-oriented are you?

I've been a customer for over 10 years. But if this is the kind of crap Sprint is going to pull, I don't need them that much, honey. Heck, I'll probably be better off financially by porting my number and going pre-paid anyway.

over a small change in the market? umm..are you serious? :thinking:

Upvote 0
i agree with astrobill that starting sprint navigation is a pain..took at least 3 birthdays for it to start up for me..but google navigatoin took a matter of seconds..

i just came back from work not too long ago and saw my friend's captivate that he just got yesterday with the at&t for the downloads section..i was like wtf..glad that isn't for me haha..

i really do think it's based on what rom you're on because i'm on darchdroid's rom and i still don't have it..and i don't think it's sprint's doing so stop the damn bashing on this thread..if you don't like sprint then get the **** off of it!! simple..stop bitchin about shit..sprint is the best and affordable carrier you can have with one of the best phones supporting it's brand..Evo, Hero, and the incoming Epic

i honestly think the change has something to do with the bug that everyone experienced that one day when the market wasn't working for anyone..perhaps that's when the download for everyone was taking place

Upvote 0
:p

Pardon my lack of clarity.

To clarify, Sprint Navigation is FREE only if you have a "Simply Everything" data plan. Otherwise, there can be some charges for using it...as described here:

Sprint Navigation

Personally, I think the Sprint Navigation is excellent and works very well. Better than Google Navigation for driving. However, the initial dialing in to the Sprint phone system through the app can be a pain the ass.

Google Navigation can be quicker to use oftentimes...

Actually I think that was my fault, I assumed(wrongfully, apparently) that All of the Data plans through sprint were unlimited data.

Upvote 0
Is anybody else having trouble connecting to the Market? I am rooted and have installed LiquidSense 2.1, and before the Market changed its look on my phone, it was working fine, now it seems like it got itself updated, but it keeps giving me a "Network error ocurred" message when opening the app and it will connect but I have to try at least 10 times before it connects. I reinstalled LQ and it's still getting the same problem, but only once the Market updates itself. Am I the only one with this problem?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones