• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone wont interact with bank website

JCS1974

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
Just got the new Samsung Galaxy 3 and it won't log in to my bank's website. All of the other Android devices in the house will work. My family has two other older android phones that can both log in and even my nook's web browser will work. It's getting hung up by the security feature. It's something like CAPTCHA, but it's one four letter word inside of a box on a speckled background with blue horizontal and vertical hash marks through it. Apparently something has changed from previous versions of the Android OS, but I cant figure it out. Hoping someone can help me.

ThreewayCode.asp

Not sure I did that right, but that should give you a link so you can see what the code looks like.

Upvote 0
I've tried entering an incorrect word on purpose on my desktop, and I get a different message than I do on my phone. On the desktop it gives me a "incorrect log-in" message. On my phone it takes me back to a registration page, but if I try to register it tells me I'm already registered. It's odd and a little frustrating. Does anybody know what this particular security code is even called? From the url I thought it was "Threeway code", but when I search that, I can't find anything.

Upvote 0
The mobile app is junk. Just statements no ability to pay or transfer of anything. I was hoping this was a settings problem, but it doesn't sound like it's anything that I could fix to easily, or at all.
Hmmm interesting, alright.

So you've tried entering the CAPTCHA with different keyboards and different browsers, correct? Just want to make sure we have as much info as possible to help you get this figured out.

Upvote 0
doesn't the bank have an app???

most of them do

What you've linked to is called a CAPTCHA as far as I am aware.

I have no problem using CAPTCHA codes on my phone for certain websites I try to sign up for or login to. Does your bank not have a mobile app? Just trying to figure out a workaround for you.

The mobile app is junk. Just statements no ability to pay or transfer of anything. I was hoping this was a settings problem, but it doesn't sound like it's anything that I could fix to easily, or at all.

This was previously ruled out as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones