• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Root Method No Pc - Credit to MyFormIsCrack over on the rise forums

Please help been trying to root my phone for 2 day going nuts I have a samsung galaxy proclaim I downloaded the poot then the minstro2 and then super user also check the usb debugging poot gives me the error code 18 su binary wasn't write any help please :beer::)

Ummm how should I put this... Your in the wrong place. You need All Things Root for your phone not for the Kyocera Hydro. Try here for your cell phone. Sorry that you got hold of the wrong one...

Edit: Also I want to thank again to the person that posted this. It helped me a lot. I tried the other method from bin4ry V18 failed heavily... and V2 tried to work once then failed as well... Luckly this one got the job done.

Upvote 0
HELP!!

I think I messed up. This is what I did. In Superuser I updated the su binary to v 3.1.1 (17). Then I did a root check and root checker said that my devise is rooted. Good. But...

I notice that when I use a root app that I was no longer ask for permission. And in my Superuser log there was nothing.

In short, I think I have root but don't. The apps that I already had installed they seem to have permanent root access. But if I install a new app that needs root permission it won't work.

Upvote 0
HELP!!

I think I messed up. This is what I did. In Superuser I updated the su binary to v 3.1.1 (17). Then I did a root check and root checker said that my devise is rooted. Good. But...

I notice that when I use a root app that I was no longer ask for permission. And in my Superuser log there was nothing.

In short, I think I have root but don't. The apps that I already had installed they seem to have permanent root access. But if I install a new app that needs root permission it won't work.

I lost root. Now I can't get it back because of the binary update that I did. I tried rooting my phone with the steps shown at the beginning of this forum and it won't work. I've done it several times before without a problem. Please help! Anyone?

Upvote 0
ok so ive noticed this, no matter how many hard resets i do or how many times i un-install and re-install i get the same poot error code 22 on my Kyocera Event, and after spending hours online i noticed.....nobody addresses the issue just claims "its an easy fix" well come fix mine....or atleast give me some advice i can use.....

Upvote 0
Thanks so much! This was quick and painless as long as you don't update the binary- I didn't realize somebody already mentioned this until after I updated it. I just used superuser to temp unroot & ran poot root again to fix it. The weird thing is that both times I ran the root installer with poot it gave an error message but after I restarted the phone it was rooted & was able to gain root permissions with all of the apps I tried it with. *Just don't update the binary* Somebody should remove that step from the first post.

Upvote 0
Mike525. . . . 1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops 2)Download poot: [URL="http://db.tt/0HqxEURT" said:
http://db.tt/0HqxEURT[/URL]

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary (I skipped this step for some reason I lose root after doing this)

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

this worked for the rise, and for me for the hydro. Bin4ry's root I could not get to work (after the "Kyocera Update Tool" downloaded and installed new formware ) hope this helps someone here.

If I helped you hit the thanks button!
Hey really thanks
I found this 4 you all that may be googirl play store shy? LOL!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ministro.necessitas.p
It's "ministro.apk" II < = 2)

Just upload it to your external SD card and click to install.

Install ministro.apk FIRST and than install and than RUN "poot."

I know this is an OLD tread but some still selling and buying that phone.

Any CWM yet anyone?

Upvote 0
Won't run poot. Keeps saying there was a problem parsing the file

Hey JB,
That just is "android speak" for a "corrupt file" error.

Try re-downloading the file again but with an another browser.
Or
Use "Free Download Manager " watch while installing not to add extra apps and search thingys.
Or
Try another URL on another file hoster. No other links I know of, but I haven't searched?

Hope ya get it.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the duplicate post I can't change the Title in the other post "New Firmware update - root problems" , So I am starting a new thread.

After trying several methods.. I was able to Root using POOT. Bin4ry's root method did not work for me (I Tried V2, v17, V18) And seeing as I rooted the Hydro over 10 times successfully prior to the Update I thought this would help others.

more info here:
http://androidforums.com/rise-all-things-root/686996-new-root-method-no-pc.html

Credit goes to MyFormIsCrack over on the rise forums.

icon1.gif
New Root Method No Pc

Prior even posting how can I make this my own thread instead of being sticked especially when I'm the only one so far who has this?

On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary (I skipped this step for some reason I lose root after doing this)

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

this worked for the rise, and for me for the hydro. Bin4ry's root I could not get to work (after the "Kyocera Update Tool" downloaded and installed new formware ) hope this helps someone here.

If I helped you hit the thanks button!
the link is broken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones