• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new Samsung phone for Boost

Check this out..........scroll down a little, info for the new phone/price....

Samsung's Transform Ultra Landing at Boost Mobile

Today, 9:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman updated Today, 8:47 AM
Boost Mobile today announced that the Samsung Transform Ultra will be available starting October 7 for $229.99. The Transform Ultra is a successor to last year's Transform. It is a sideways slider that has a 3.5-inch display, 1GHz processor, and runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Boost Mobile's new iD packs (similar to Sprint iD). Other features of the Transform Ultra include a 3 megapixel main camera, VGA user-facing camera, Wi-FI, GPS, Bluetooth, and microSD card support (up to 32GB). It requires one of Boost Mobile's new Android plans, which have a $5 surcharge attached.

Boost Mobile Adding $5 to Android Plans Starting Oct. 6

Today, 9:00 AM by Eric M. Zeman
Boost Mobile today announced that it is making some adjustments to its Android voice and data plans starting October 6, one day before the Samsung Transform Ultra launches. Boost Mobile is adding a $5 monthly charge to the cost of its Android smartphone plans. Its Monthly Unlimited plans will still include unlimited talk, text, and web. Existing Monthly Unlimited customers will be able to keep their $50 plan without the added surcharge, but any customer who upgrades to a CDMA-based Android phone after October 6 will be subject to the $5 monthly charge. Boost also announced that the Android plans will be eligible for its Shrinkage program, which drops the monthly plan cost by $5 for every six months of on-time payments.

I now know of another way they are going to make their money back.
I'm on the shrinkage plan @ $50 a month. No tax.
I decided to go the auto pay with my CC to make it easier.
So far everything is good.
Three months later I get this letter in the mail from Boost saying they are going to start charging my CC $54.75 (taxes).
I called when I got the letter and got some airhead women whom I could not understand at all. I had to cut off the conversation with her only because I had to go to work.

Q: If I cancel the autopay and then manually pay the $50 with my CC at the end of the month, will they try to charge me then or can I get away by paying only the $50?
I did check the Boost Re-Boost in my account settings and it says, "Next payment due, $50

Upvote 0
I was really thinking of buying this as soon as it comes out. There are a couple of nice things that I like about the ultra. I think I would like the keyboard, and its better camera. I must say though being a 2mp camera with no flash the prevails works very well for me. I paid 179 + tax for my prevail. Now the ultra is rumored to go for $230. I don't think its worth taking the loss just yet on my prevail, this phone is only marginally better. Hopefully Boost will come out with something nicer and bigger like the Motorola Triumph ( rather a Samsung version ). Boost is just plain late to the Android party.

Upvote 0
Three months later I get this letter in the mail from Boost saying they are going to start charging my CC $54.75 (taxes).
I called when I got the letter and got some airhead women whom I could not understand at all. I had to cut off the conversation with her only because I had to go to work.

Q: If I cancel the autopay and then manually pay the $50 with my CC at the end of the month, will they try to charge me then or can I get away by paying only the $50?
I did check the Boost Re-Boost in my account settings and it says, "Next payment due, $50

Upvote 0
I'm lucky to have a Boost store nearby. i just walk in write down my # and drop $50 on the counter, no taxes no nothing. I also pay my wifes phone the same way except give them her # of course. She since has went with Virgin (in the same store) because she really wanted the Rumor Touch. I also just walk in and provide the # and drop down the money without taxes on the Virgin account.

On a total side note I bought my Prevail after another Boost phone was broke. My account had not been paid for about 1 1/2 months. To my surprise when I tried to purchase the phone and re-activate the account, they told me my account was already re-activated two days before I walked in. Not wanting any truoble in the future I expalined that there is no way the account was paid and explained what had happened to my phone/account. The lady told me that Boost will sometimes pay your account for free after it is inactive for a period of time in anticipation that the customer wants to leave Boost and they want you to stay with them. They even kept my shrinkage active and The lapse in service did not blow my shrinkage out of the water. I was more than pleased that I saved $50 and didnt have to start my shrinkage all over :)

Upvote 0
Sounds like a win-win situation for you! I also have Boost stores around me, but decided to go with auto pay because it would be just my luck to somehow forget to pay it on the due date and lose my shrinkage. :eek: lol
I use calling mart, and pay 48.50 though I do need to remember to do it before the cutoff day.
I usually do it about a week or so ahead of time.

Also from what I have read you wont lose the shrinkage, it may get put on hold for one month though.

so if you miss the number 4 payment date you make the number 5 one it becomes the new number 4. and your shrinkage is put off by a month.

Reactions: alekia
Upvote 0
There was a time I would not think about being a boost customer, however, my son loved them. Well when they started the shrinkage program a few years later, I thought I would give it a try and have been satisfied with them for close to 8 Months now...

Ok, I know this will be a blessing for many old boost fans, but I would honestly like to see them create an Android with a larger screen like their cousin Virgin Mobile. This Prevail screen kills my eyes and it appears the Transform screen won't be much larger if not the same.

Ok, slide out keyboard.. Big deal, I've had them before and I have to say the latest programs for on-screen texting have gotten quite good, not to mention the voice texting is quite accurate. However, I do agree you can't take away from the feel of real keys.

Overall, this will be a nice step forward for boost, but I really would prefer the next models have larger screens. I guess the prime payers for Sprint would be a bit upset if we get larger screens, however, it should happen sooner than later with T-Mobile and Walmart coming out with a $30 plan with a nice selection of phones. Just have to see how it all work out. :)

Upvote 0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones