• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new to android have an original incredible

LORENOLIN

Lurker
Aug 13, 2012
I am an apple iphone 4 user and am looking to try out the android. i have a htc droid incredible that a friend gave to

me. the local verizon has wiped the phone and its pretty much useless as its just a thumb drive.
can anyone help me locate a place to get an OS to fix it? i cant figure this out

its in a root loop it goes to the droid symbol says droid and then starts over.
i was told that it has been wiped of the os. it was updated to ics and then wouldnt work anymore they took it to verizon and they wiped it and then gave them a new phone. when i try and do a recovery it fails and it also fails on the factory rest

Incrediblec XD ship s-on
HBoot-0.92.0000
Microp-0417
Touch panel-atmel224_16ab
Radio-2.15.10.07.07
Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51

What does all this mean

Was checking to see if you are rooted, would give more options. You can try doing a factory reset from that menu. If that doesn't work you can try reinstalling the OS. Let me know I'll get you the link for instructions.

Upvote 0
D12E091F-AEC5-400D-86C2-D1E0E23A2C5F-1667-00000185BD46E313.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh I misunderstood sorry yes it did
I'm trying it now
If that doesn't work you can file the instructions here:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-return-stock-gingerbread.html

Ignore anything about root and "s-off/s-on" and follow the "zip file on sd card method".

edit:
Oh wow, that's some errors.... That may be unrecoverable but the above method may be worth a shot. But it looks like someone really messed with the formatting/partitions on the phone.

Upvote 0
Ics was installed like any other update and the phone crashed. It was taken to the Verizon store and it sits in its curren condition
The incredible never got ICS officially.... So it couldn't of been installed like any other update, the phone would have had to been rooted.

It looks like someone plugged it into a computer via USB and had the computer format the partitions. The phone is basically telling you that the normal partitions that exist on the phone(fOS storage/media files/app storage) don't exist anymore.

In all honesty it's probably not fixable. You would need to manually rewrite the partitions to the phone, which requires root access, and I don't think you can get root access because of the number of missing partitions.

This user had a similar issue a little while ago:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...6-stuck-white-incredible-splash-screen-s.html

We weren't able to fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones