• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new to root

just want to update with as much specific info as I can if that helps at all.

My firmware version is 2.0.1

baseband C_01.3e.01p

kernel ver. 2.6.29-omap1.g0dd7e0b
android-build@apa26 #511

build number ESD56

installed onto the phone i currently have
droidroothelper-v9.0
terminal emulator
androzip
linda file manager.

when i click mount system read/write it holds up for about 15 seconds then wants to force close.i keep clicking wait.

under droidroothelper Ive installed "tools" to the root of my phone's SD card, i've also clicked the install "busybox" button in DRH and the install "flash_image" button. if needed i can add some photos later when I am off of work. (working at verizon retailer has its perks since im paid to do this :) )

Upvote 0
if you do it in the order above it should work just dont forget to hit rename recovery or sprecovery won't stick and the stock recovery will come back happened to me when I first rooted. If you hit install busybox or flash image without mounting first its not going to work

as for the FC did you hit remember and allow for the superuser permissions. when you click mount it should say "system mounted as read/write..."

Reactions: gallandof
Upvote 0
alrighty seems like the dev may have changed the text in buttons in update but im just gonna follow the order of the buttons flash recovery which i found lower in the menu tree. THANKS!

im clicking mount system read/write, rename, then installing busy box and flash_image, recovery, unmount system read only, sync then reboot

if i mess up i can always restore so here we go!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones