• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to this forum & new to android. got some questions

somegreek

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
Hi everyone
I just purchased a Huawei Ascend (I know it's not the greatest phone, but only paid $49 for it). So far I like the phone, a lot better than my Samsung Caliber that I used to have. The only problems that I have so far are

1. I download apps, and I can see that they are downloading (top left of the screen) but once they are downloaded I don't know where they go. They do not show as icons like I'm used to with my ipod, so how do I access them? I have tried holding and dragging down the icon but it takes me to the apps page where it has a description and option to download etc but I want to access the actual app that I have downloaded.

2. I cannot load any webpages when I'm using Metro's internet. I was connected to a wi fi hotspot and my net was working fine. I came home (where there's no wifi) and pages don't load. I was able to go into "places" so I assume I do have internet (it is included with my plan anyways) is the internet so slow on this phone? or is there something else I could change in the settings, maybe I disabled it somehow?

3. Are there any apps you would recommend for this phone? Either to improve performance or general "gotta have" apps?

Thanks a lot guys

Metro doesn't have 3g only 1x, which technically is "3g" but it is slow as hell. I am on Cricket, we have 3g, and my pages load just fine, so it isn't the phone, but the service. There are tons of apps that I love, but my favorite is just for fun and it is the FML app, cracks me up every time. Check out the Ultimate customization guide in the all things root section, that will help you get the most out of this "little phone that could"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones