• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new with Android, some questions please..

gabik

Lurker
Feb 24, 2010
Hi,
I got i7500, with android 1.5, baseband: i7500jiil2, 2.6.27, 76xxcsdcbalum6375.

Is my firmware version is 1.5? I saw sticky posts about updating the firmware - is it android version or it something else?

what can i update other then to android 2.0?

Thank you very much!!!! :)

Hi and welcome!

I am sure your device runs v1.5. Here's how you check:
Settings -> About phone -> Firmware version
That will probably say "1.5".

If you want v2.x, there's a stickied thread just for that. In reality you will need the mustymod custom rom. I have no experience with it, so proceed at you own risk.

If you want v1.6, the community just got hold of it the day before yesterday, so it's still very untried. But many of us are actively trying it. One tip: if you want to switch, switch soon -- you can't take your settings with you, so it's a fresh start. The earlier you switch, the less you will have to redo.

Either way, beware: even though updating your firmware is very well described in various stickied posts, the process is rather long and you might get lost on the way. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones