• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newcomer with questions..

Hello all!

I made a thread a long time ago on here (a year ago) so I am going to consider this my first post and an introduction of sorts.

The one I carry just for wifi and such is a LG REALM LS 620 from Boost Mobile. Now this phone isn't activated and was something my mom gave to me. She found it in her house in an old roommates room and he didn't want it and is out of state.

I am trying to figure out how to get this phone cut on for the absolute least amount of money. I don't know if that may involve switching to another carrier (if that's an option) or not. I have heard about the referral program with Boost Mobile as well. All I need is maybe 250-400 minutes and the amount of texts I need depends on the data I have. I am not familiar with how much data I would need. All I do is message my girlfriend through the Messenger app most days all day. I sometimes might browse the web but its rare that I watch any videos or anything.

I hope I provided enough information for someone to show me the cheapest way to get a plan that fits my needs. I'll be on if anyone has any questions.

Thanks!

Boost referrals are only good with their monthly unlimited plans, so you would have unlimited minutes/text/data for $35 - $55 per month. Their $35 plan would work for you.

If you are sending regular text messages those don't use any data, if you are sending picture messages or using an app like WhatsApp that does use data.

With your low usage you can get cheaper service from a different provider, but that phone will only work with Boost (they wont unlock it until it's been in service for a year).

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks! 1GB of data would be enough? And what about the 30$ autopay plan I heard of earlier?
Yes, 1GB would be more then enough based on your first post. Even if you use more it's unlimited, just really slow after 1GB.

The $30 plan is only for LTE phones and your Realm doesn't have LTE.

Also what if the previous owner had it in service for over a year? Would they possibly unlock it then?

The Realm was released in August 2014 so it's not even a year old.

Also my girlfriend is with boost. Is we use the referral thing could she use her 25$ to add to mine to get it turned on?

She could refer you if you create a separate account and use her referral.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones