• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

News widget that works like the motorola one?

sdgmcdon

Feb 1, 2012
With ics coming on the razr (i already have via the leaks), they ditched the news reader widget and i cant find one thats remotely close to it...anyone know of one like it?

Things i like about it are the swiping to the side to the next story, that they have the story title at top, the first bit of the story below with links to read the full story and once you swipe away from a story and exit the widget, that story is GONE, you dont have to sift through them all again to figure out where you were at last.

Google reader widget is the closest ive seen, but the stories youve already swiped through all STAY THERE. It's annoying as ive looked at it already, i dont need to see it again! Also, it freezes every time it updates while swiping through, so once it freezes you have to exit it, then go back in and swipe all the way back to where you left off (and often, by the time you get back there it updates again an freezes again!).

For me, the motorola widget is perfect, i dont understand why they ditched it, but it is what it is and i need to find a good replacement and cant find one.

Any all help appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones