• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The Nexus 10 sounds fantastic, with that resolution (and with a processor that is actually capable of pushing it, too, unlike those 1080p Android Tegra 3 tabs which are just about sitting on the borderline of the processor's abilities). The Nexus 7 is great, but I personally like to have the two extremes handy to me - a smaller phone, and a much larger tablet.

Upvote 0
it's going to have Android 4.2. Rumors are a super low price on the LG Nexus, perhaps as low as $300. $300? :thinking: That's crazy talk.

Samsung Nexus 10 To Feature Android 4.2 | WebProNews

In other good news, the leaked LG Nexus 4 will also feature the new Android 4.2 operating system. As for those leaked specs from last week, The Next Web reports that those are correct. It looks like we’ll be getting a powerful phone at a cheap price if the rumored price of $300 sticks.

The phone will feature a 1.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 1280

Upvote 0
I just want it on Sprint :(

Rumors are it's not going to have LTE, to save costs. But that's OK. I went from wimpy MetroPCS LTE (similar to Sprint) to Straight Talk "AT&T" and get 5mbps - 7mbps speed for $45 per month.

ST "T-mobile" users get 7mbps - 12 mbps.

Plus my Galaxy Nexus is pentaband and can be used on any GSM carrier in the world. I love not being locked into a particular carrier.

Upvote 0
Rumors are it's not going to have LTE, to save costs. But that's OK. I went from wimpy MetroPCS LTE (similar to Sprint) to Straight Talk "AT&T" and get 5mbps - 7mbps speed for $45 per month.

ST "T-mobile" users get 7mbps - 12 mbps.

Plus my Galaxy Nexus is pentaband and can be used on any GSM carrier in the world. I love not being locked into a particular carrier.

I figured that's just the initial unlocked version that'll be sold on the Play Store.
I've read nothing saying this but I'm just hoping by early next year, a LTE/CDMA version becomes available to Sprint (and Verizon, I guess but at least Sprint :) )

Upvote 0
I figured that's just the initial unlocked version that'll be sold on the Play Store.
I've read nothing saying this but I'm just hoping by early next year, a LTE/CDMA version becomes available to Sprint (and Verizon, I guess but at least Sprint :) )

HSPA+ isn't so bad, really. I've used our 3Mbps connection here in the UK to play YouTube videos and it does them just fine (though perhaps not at HD quality).

Upvote 0
And it's going to have Android 4.2. Rumors are a super low price on the LG Nexus, perhaps as low as $300. $300? :thinking: That's crazy talk.

I will wait for new Windows 8 tablets to come out so there will be finally some competition in the Windows tablet market cause honestly I am not ready to pay over $1000 for a tablet (like Samsung Slate). Until then I will be gladly using my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Upvote 0
I am disappointed in google. They unveiled the Nexus 4, 7 and 10. LG teamed up with them on the next nexus. Samsung has way better build quality. What a dissatisfied quarter it will be.

Samsungs build quality is not that great all there phones now look like the S3 and plastic LG's nexus is way more elegant and looks higher quality.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but still, smartphone is what we all need. Samsung should of teamed up. How come it did not?

Probably because of the huge ongoing legal stink between them and Apple. Google made a smart move by choosing LG.

Not that I don't seriously love my Samsung G-Nex. It's by far the best phone I've ever owned next to my LG OpV.

Upvote 0
Probably because of the huge ongoing legal stink between them and Apple. Google made a smart move by choosing LG.

Not that I don't seriously love my Samsung G-Nex. It's by far the best phone I've ever owned next to my LG OpV.

Apparently Google has modified their Nexus program so that any manufacturer can make Nexus devices. No more partnering.

As evidence, Samsung/Google just announced the Nexus 10 tablet. There are rumors of HTC, Moto, and even Sony releasing Nexus devices this year.

Upvote 0
I am disappointed in google. They unveiled the Nexus 4, 7 and 10. LG teamed up with them on the next nexus. Samsung has way better build quality. What a dissatisfied quarter it will be.

Build quality is a result of material choice and tolerance specifications. A company doesn't have a certain level of build quality: a product does.

HTC has produced a number of cheap feeling handsets, while the One X feels high quality and solid.

The photos and material choices suggest that the N4 is well crafted - but in any event, save your disappointment or dissatisfaction until the product is here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones