• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6P Shipping Now?

Greenplastik

Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

I preordered a 6P this evening, typical confirmation email with shipping estimated 4-5 weeks, standard.

Email also said I won't be billed until my item is ready to ship...only they have just taken the money from my account!

Are these going to turn up a lot quicker than we expected? I haven't received an email with tracking etc so I'm not holding my breath (much).

Hi,

I preordered a 6P this evening, typical confirmation email with shipping estimated 4-5 weeks, standard.

Email also said I won't be billed until my item is ready to ship...only they have just taken the money from my account!

Are these going to turn up a lot quicker than we expected? I haven't received an email with tracking etc so I'm not holding my breath (much).

No, they likely did a pre-authorization on your account, to make sure the money is available before confirming the order. If I recall, they won't hit your account again until they are ready to ship, at which point they will actually make the charge to your credit card.

Pre-orders are (based on the Play Store credit) to run until Oct. 25, so the phones are unlikely to ship before then.

Upvote 0
They have debited the money from my account. It's gone, taken and hasn't been returned!

When a company does a pre-authorization from your credit (or debit) card, the money does "disappear". Technically it hasn't gone anywhere, just the bank marks it as "used", and removes the balance from your account, because it is expecting it to be followed by an actual charge. The pre-authorization will be released in a few days -- the exact length of time depends on your bank -- when no follow up charge is sent through. This is a common procedure in business.

At the same time, if this is a credit account, no interest is accrued until the charge actually processes and, if it were a debit card on an interest bearing account, interest will still be earned until it is actually charged.

Upvote 0
I pre ordered mine a week ago and they took the money out of my account that same day..i understand they are just holding the amount. But i noticed today that they put the amount back into my account. I rather them keep it and hold it so i dont spend it..Has anyone else had the amount put back into their account?

Upvote 0
I pre ordered mine a week ago and they took the money out of my account that same day..i understand they are just holding the amount. But i noticed today that they put the amount back into my account. I rather them keep it and hold it so i dont spend it..Has anyone else had the amount put back into their account?
Thats normal. The bank releases the money after x days when no charge is made.

Otherwise companies would be able to hold your money hostage ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones