• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One: Android 2.2.1 OTA

So my reception seems to have dropped with this update. Anyone else notice one or two less bars in areas they used to get more? Plus my phone is super laggy. The worst is when Im trying to delete an email from my gmail account. Ill hit delete and then wait like 5 seconds before the button lights up showing it was pressed.

Upvote 0
Rusty - do you know if I can put 2.2.1 using the FRG33 method on ANY android phone? Basically I want to upgrade my wife's wildfire to 2.2.1 and lose HTC Sense - just get vanilla android same as my nexus - she prefers it. Currently on 2.1. Or does she need wildfire specific software?

Does the OS effect the printed "button" location at the bottom of the screen or are these hardwired?

Upvote 0
OK please try this and see if it affects you;

Go to the Calendar and create an all-day event covering both Saturday and Sunday, i.e. a two-day all-day event.

Now go to the Agenda view in the calendar, scroll to the new event, and click on the first day. Has the first day been moved to Friday?

This has been happening to me since I bought my N1 several OS updates ago, and still happens even now on the latest update. I have to work around it by using other applications. It's been reported by me and others since the release of the N1 but still not fixed. It doesn't happen on my old HTC Hero.

I'd like to know if it's a widespread issue, as I'm puzzled as to why it's still happening almost a year later!
tried it but no problems in agenda view

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones