• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus S Root Problems.. Lost Root Access

shakerya

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
Hey guys,

I've already seen the forums and I can't seem to find a solution.

Back in December 2011 when the official ICS build for the Nexus S was leaked, I'd managed to root my phone and install Android 4.0.3.

The unfortunate part is that I seem to have lost root access after installing it. My bootloader is unlocked but Rom Manager says "Unable to run privilege commands" and Superuser says "Gaining Root Access... Fail". Similarly, Titanium Backup also says it cannot access root. I know I'm rooted.. or am I (because I do have Superuser installed).

If I want to flash a rom, I'd like to backup some applications using Titanium and I can't do that without root. Stuck in a situation here. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

My friend ,i'm afraid you lost what app data you have !

-without root there is no way to back them up.
-you have a stock ROM ,therefore you cannot root ,i really do not know why did you upgrade to a stock version of 4.0 without a full wipe [it is strongly recommended in a case like this - sd+phone]
-give it up and move on ! Flash CWM again and install a CUTOM 4.0.3 ROM ...with ROOT already installed !

Next time ask before doing something like this. Sorry !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones