NFC Tags not working?General

Last Updated: 2014-05-15 14:49:33
  1. kman9637

kman9637 Well-Known Member

I'm running KOT49H (4.4.2) on my Nexus 5, and NFC doesn't register, like it wasn't even there. It makes the sound now and again, but still no options on screen. Anyone else have trouble with this?

Advertisement
  2. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems. I just tried a tag I once programmed to goto my web site and it worked as soon as I tapped it on the phone. Another blank tag brought up the tag programmer app I have installed. I did tap the blank one once and it didn't notice it, but I shifted it a bit and it worked the 2nd time. This is all with my Seidio Dilex case on the phone as well.

I also copied a bunch of files off my Nexus 7 when first setting up the phone using the filebeam app and tapping the two together.
  3. kman9637

kman9637 Well-Known Member

So it's a defect then. Any idea if I can get it replaced?
  4. Incakola

Incakola Well-Known Member

Are these mifare classic tags you are using? Because those aren't compatible with the n5's NFC chip.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I would try a few different NFC chips before concluding its a faulty device.

If you do track it down to being a defective phone, that should be covered by googles warranty and they'll ship you a new one.