• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFC Tags not working?

I don't have any problems. I just tried a tag I once programmed to goto my web site and it worked as soon as I tapped it on the phone. Another blank tag brought up the tag programmer app I have installed. I did tap the blank one once and it didn't notice it, but I shifted it a bit and it worked the 2nd time. This is all with my Seidio Dilex case on the phone as well.

I also copied a bunch of files off my Nexus 7 when first setting up the phone using the filebeam app and tapping the two together.

Upvote 0
I don't have any problems. I just tried a tag I once programmed to goto my web site and it worked as soon as I tapped it on the phone. Another blank tag brought up the tag programmer app I have installed. I did tap the blank one once and it didn't notice it, but I shifted it a bit and it worked the 2nd time. This is all with my Seidio Dilex case on the phone as well.

I also copied a bunch of files off my Nexus 7 when first setting up the phone using the filebeam app and tapping the two together.

So it's a defect then. Any idea if I can get it replaced?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones