• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No album art showing? (embedded in the mp3 tag)

AbcRndm

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
i always used to album art (for most of the songs i had anyways), but for some reason it has stopped showing up in both the stock music app and winamp. i recently updated my music, and now no art shows,.

i know this has been asked many times, but i can't find someone with my exact problem (or a solution).

all of my album art is embedded in the tag, and all my music is mp3. my phone used to recognize the artwork, but i can't pinpoint a time when it stopped.

here's what i've tried: deleting all music and the albumthumbs folder from the sdcard and putting it back on (no success). deleting the albumthumbs folder and clearing the data from the music app, the albumthumbs folder reappeared with many files in it, but still no success.

any advice? thanks

samsung intercept

Things to try:
-Re-install your music apps.
-Attempt to add album art to a song using only the phone. Use one of those Album Art grabbing apps to directly add album art to your song/album. This is just to see if album art shows using an alternative method.
-Imbedd your album art inside your mp3's using a different method on your computer than you were previously using. For example, if you added album art into the ID3 Tag using iTunes...try using Tag&Rename.

In short, I'm just offering various small things you can alter to narrow down your problem. Eventually, you'll find the culprit. Just keep trying alternative methods until you get the album art to appear. Change it up in a controlled systematic way....otherwise, you won't be able to pinpoint the problem. Make sense? Those were just a few suggestions of things you can change. Think about it.

Upvote 0
Getting album art on my Droid X has always been more of hassle than it should be. The best solution I could come up with is the Album Art Grabber app. It's pretty good at pulling missing album art off of the web and putting it on your phone. Unfortunately, this doesn't help if you have obscure albums with manually attached artwork

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones