• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No LED for charging and zero mention of it in the .pdf-?!

The first time I plugged my DX up I noticed a blinking LED (can't remember if it was red or green cause I just thought it was a charge indicator and payed no attention to it). I wish I would have payed more attention to it now. Supposedly the update is going to address this. One can hope it does.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I kind of noticed there wasn't an LED when I initially charged the phone, but didn't think much of it. Then I started getting concerned after subsequent charging and not seeing anything and I thought it was pretty odd for a phone or any rechargeable battery operated electronics device to not have a charging LED.

Why would Motorola decided not to include it with most of these Droid Xs? Maybe people complained about some of the original droids having it and being too distracting at night.

Maybe its a software thing that will be fixed in the 7/19 OTA. Time will tell I guess.

Upvote 0
WTH??? How can there be no mention of the LED at all in the user guide?

All I know is;
1) There obviously is an LED

2) It can do multiple colors

3) There is NO LED on when charging (WTF???)

How can this have possibly been missed?

Help!
It was stated that one of the improvements would be:
Improved battery charging status indicator
how do you know this doesnt mean it wont have the led indicated??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones