• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Recovery Mode...

According to some posts over on the XDA Forums, specifically this : xda-developers - View Single Post - [REF] Flash ANY official firmware on your phone using Kies.

... some devices that were shipped from Samsung aren't able to boot up into the Recovery / Download mode.

I seem to be one of these unfortunate ones here, as the 3-button mode doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else on these forums have this issue, and what do you think the best course of action would be for me to take?

Obviously this now means that I am now unable to do as I please with this device, in terms of rooting it and so forth. It's either disabled due to T-Mobile's meddling with the device (unable to confirm) or Samsung are shipping some defective models out.

If it's not one thing, it's another - and it's getting to the point whereupon I'm feeling I should have just gone to somewhere like CPW for an unbranded device (that's not to say the same problem couldn't be there - but unlikely from what I've been reading).

If anyone has some thoughts on this it would be much appreciated.

If this does need to get sent back to the retailer, in my case BuyMobilePhones.net - what are the chances I'll get replaced with another device with the same problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones