• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Sound and Other Problems

bob303

Lurker
Aug 3, 2012
Hey, so I've had many problems with my Droid X since purchase a bit over a year ago. The first was the occasional SD card is damaged error message every once in a while. I would be unable to hear any sound in any application but I could talk in phone calls. Restarting the phone fixed it for a few days then it would come back. I factory reset the phone and everything worked fine for just a few weeks. The message no longer appears but I have even worse problems now. There is no sound at all(even in calls) and when I am in a call there is just a ringing in the other phone. Restarting fixes it, but now only for a few hours(if that). Help would be great, thanks.

It sounds like there is no easy fix. Do you have insurance or the extended warranty on the phone? If so, I'd go that route.

Here are a couple of troubleshooting steps that may help, but probably will not.

If it's possible that water (even a drop of rain) got into the headphone jack and there may be corrosion in there. Try to plug and unplug a headphone into the jack a few times then unplug and see if there is a change in the sound issues. Also, can you get sound thru the headphones? Like I said, it's a long shot.

Can you use the speakerphone while on a call? My headphone jack or earpiece got wet in a downpour and I had no sound from the earpiece for a few days, but the speaker phone worked while on a call. Try a speakerphone call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones