No Vibrate for texts or email!!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. bone23

bone23 Member This Topic's Starter

My phone will not vibrate for texts or emails. Doesnt matter if i change in settings or in those 2 apps themselves. only vibrates for calls. This is frustrating the hell out of me. I had the Droid since Nov so i know all the ways to set it. If im missing something pls help. thnx in advance

Advertisement
  2. bnolan66

bnolan66 New Member

3. sxshep

sxshep Well-Known Member

I have the same problem and also my called ID doesn't show the contact info for some people who call or text... I wonder if this would fix both, but I'd rather not lose all my apps and customized stuff that has taken me three days to set up to my liking lol

4. bnolan66

bnolan66 New Member

I think that the HTC Incredible phones are coming from Verizon with some issue, due to a possible last minute test, and the only way to fix it back to the way it should have been is to do the hard reset. Probably better to just bite the bullet now.

You can get a list of the downloaded apps by going to the Settings|Applications|Manage Applications|Menu|Filter and then select downloaded

As for the settings, ... that is another thing. You may be able to get some of it back through the backup to Google. I am not sure about this one though since I typically will blow away everything from time to time and just redo everything.

5. deadsix

deadsix Member

Wait I'm having this issue also is this the only way to rectify it.

6. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

7. bnolan66

bnolan66 New Member

Well after getting my phone back to where it was before the hard reset, with email messages still vibrating, I put the phone in silent mode for the night. In the morning I put the phone back to “Normal” mode and you guessed it, … no vibrate on email. I did a full power down and power backup and this brought back the vibrate mode. Granted I had done this before the hard reset with no luck.

I am guessing that there is some bit of code that is getting hung up when you attempt to go from silent to normal that isn’t getting executed until there is a clean start.

8. Biotite

Biotite Member

I had the same problem. i think if it's put in silent it loses its vibrate feature. I hope it gets fixed soon!