• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No WIFI after 4.0.4 upgrade

Do you think y can provide us with a little more details like which version of cm9 you have installed exactly what the tablet does when you try to connect, does it connect to your wifi using webos. Even though there are a couple posts here about wifi not working we need more info before we can point you in the right direction and help you out.

Originally I tried posting this but it did something weird since it was from the mobile app.

Upvote 0
I had let the clock auto set. Could a clock issue make the WIFI not work? WOW. I had tried all the usual suspects, but never that. Anyway, I eventually saw your AOKP thread and just went there. So far I like it better anyway. Thanks man.

Yes, the clock being off a significant amount could prevent you from connecting to a wifi network.

Once you get connected you might want to consider getting a program from the store called "wifi fixer".

Dan

Upvote 0
But I just went AOKP. I installed all the WIFI fix apps I could. I went static. WebOS worked fine. Now AOKP works fine. I was really frustrated because CM9 4.0.3 worked great, then as soon as it went to 4.0.4 it went to hell. Dolphin and Chrome started force closing all the time, then finally the WIFI just would bother to try to connect even if I forgot and reentered it and pressed connect. Not a failed to get IP or anything.

I do have a different question though, I'm trying to play Dungeon Hunters 3 on this thing now, and it just says it's incompatable. I have heard of resolution issues causing issues with games.

A) Is this likely a resolution issue?
B) Is there a fix for this in AOKP?

Upvote 0
Your dpi has to be set to 160 to work with Market. You can check/change it with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birdapi.android.dpi

You'd need the pro version to fix market with other dpi. I use this app with my TP.

Not every nightly build is a good one. There is very minimal testing that happens. Rom Manager used to have ratings for them. Not sure if they still have that now.

Upvote 0
I put 4.0.4 on my HP Touchpad on 8/18/2012. Works great except for wifi issues. I've found two so far.

Every time I power down / run out of juice, when I get it back up and running it says 'No Connection.' It sees the connections, registers their strength, but won't connect.

The second quirk so far is that if for any reason I push the mic button on the dash, it will freeze up for a few minutes. When it comes back and closes out of the mic program, I suddenly have no wifi connection. I thought this latest mod was suppose to have the mic fixed?

Anyone got any ideas?

Upvote 0
I downloaded a bulk of zip files following a tutorall: How To Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4) on HP TouchPad - YouTube

It was pretty straight forward. I unzip the top level folder to my desktop, followed the video, and it worked perfectly.

It has in the folder:
gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
moboot_0.3.5.zip
update-cm-9-20120329-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip
update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
ACMEInstaller2
ACMEUninstaller
NovacomInstaller_x64.msi
NovacomInstaller_x86.msi

I found that if I factory reset to WebOS then re-install following the tutorial, I have a wifi connection again. But, if I lose power for any reason and reboot, its gone. I also have a Buffalo router, although I have no issues with my laptop connecting as I type this, so I'm hard pressed to believe its the router.

Upvote 0
That's the trouble with following a guide online, especially a web page or video, is they quickly become out of date.

You want the July 7 nightly or a recent one from here: [ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build Discussion - CyanogenMod [HP Touchpad] - RootzWiki

You also want the latest gApps from that link but make sure you grab the acmeinstaller3 from here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing tools

Since you just flashed and it should be familiar, I'd use the same process, but use the acmeinstaller 3 and just the nightly and gApps files. You don't need to install Nova, moboot or cwm again.

Reactions: wesleyal
Upvote 0
Nevermind that last comment. I didn't seem to have any apps from gapps, so I checked CWM, and found the gapps zip file still there. Must not have taken on the first install with cm9 20120819 nightly. I manually installed it through CWM and I've got the market app and internet!

I've even rebooted/powered down and powered up to check for wifi, and it works everytime.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones