• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Calling Not Working Suddenly

Susanbee749

Nov 11, 2019
I have had WiFI calling turned on for several years (on my Samsung Galaxy S10e) using Verizon. Suddenly it stopped working. What happens is I try to make a call and nothing happens: no ringing, nothing. If I turn the WiFi calling off, then the calls work fine. My home WiFi is working at the same time. I tried clearing the cache of the phone app which didn't help. I have rebooted my phone after that.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Since WiFi Calling was working fine and only recently became a problem, and given all the things you've already tried on your phone to fix it, the actual cause might not necessarily be with the phone. As @Dannydet suggested, try restarting your router. I know you mentioned your home WiFi is apparently working OK but basic networking isn't that simplistic -- each and every device connected to your home network is its own connection to a central gateway (your router) so just because other devices are OK that does not automatically mean there isn't a glitch with the connection to your S10e. Or in other words, the problem to focus on is with your S10e, not the other devices in your household. Anyway, just restart your router -- that might fix the problem but if it doesn't you can at least eliminate your home network as a suspect.
If WiFi Calling is still a problem, can you tried connecting your phone to a different WiFi network (i.e. neighbor's or at work) to see if that does or doesn't make a difference?

Upvote 0
I have had WiFI calling turned on for several years (on my Samsung Galaxy S10e) using Verizon. Suddenly it stopped working. What happens is I try to make a call and nothing happens: no ringing, nothing. If I turn the WiFi calling off, then the calls work fine. My home WiFi is working at the same time. I tried clearing the cache of the phone app which didn't help. I have rebooted my phone after that.
Any ideas why this is happening?
Have you updated your phone to the latest OS version?

Upvote 0
Since WiFi Calling was working fine and only recently became a problem, and given all the things you've already tried on your phone to fix it, the actual cause might not necessarily be with the phone. As @Dannydet suggested, try restarting your router. I know you mentioned your home WiFi is apparently working OK but basic networking isn't that simplistic -- each and every device connected to your home network is its own connection to a central gateway (your router) so just because other devices are OK that does not automatically mean there isn't a glitch with the connection to your S10e. Or in other words, the problem to focus on is with your S10e, not the other devices in your household. Anyway, just restart your router -- that might fix the problem but if it doesn't you can at least eliminate your home network as a suspect.
If WiFi Calling is still a problem, can you tried connecting your phone to a different WiFi network (i.e. neighbor's or at work) to see if that does or doesn't make a difference?

Thanks. I just now turned off the router, unplugged it, waited a few minutes, then turned it back on. I then restarted my phone. I turned WiFi calling back on and tried two different calls. Nothing happens. I turned off WiFi Calling and made the calls with no problem. I will try your suggestion to go someplace and try their WiFi. This is a puzzle.

Upvote 0
OK, bummer. Would have been nice if it was just a router restart to fix things. So try a different WiFi network. If it's still a problem elsewhere, that might be an indicator the issue is with your phone. Since it was working fine previously, can you think of anything that might have changed approximately around the same time as when you started to have this problem?

You might want to try looking in your phone's Settings menu for a Network Settings Reset option. This reset all network related services back to their default settings so it is a bit of a drastic measure. (It's not just WiFi settings but cellular and Bluetooth so saved WiFi networks will be wiped as will saved Bluetooth pairings. You'll need to redo them accordingly as you try to interact with each again.) See pg.143 of your Verizon S10e User Manual:
https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/Veri...sung-galaxy-s10-s10e-s10plus-en-ug-022019.pdf

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones