• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOOB please help htc desire stuck on boot screen

wolfie1981

Aug 6, 2011
hi there some simlpe help would be good as im a noob lol

i bought a htc desire today that is stuck on the boot screen it was cheap and i hoping on a easy fix.
im not sure if its been rooted or not???

when i power it up it stays on the htc white screen and wont load.
if i power up holding vol down and power i get a screen with this on it....

bravo pvt1 ship s-on
hboot-0.93.001
microp-031d
touch panel-synt0101
radio-5.11.05.27

hboot

fastboot
recovery
clear storage
simlock

if i hit recovery it just loops back to the htc white screen
and the same when i try clear storage

the sd card is empty as i have checked it on my pc.

can someone point me in the right way
and tell me what i may need!! and where to get it from
i have been reading for most of the afternoon with no joy im no ever sure if it has been rooted???:thinking:

Re. Shauny's suggestion: That's what I was thinking. If it is debranded rather than unbranded it will fail with a "cid error", and then we'll at least know that.

Frankly I don't think I want to know what sort of market sells non-functioning phones! I just hope for your sake it's legit, and really is SIM-unlocked, as I don't think you'll be able to tell that until it boots and tries to connect to a network.

Edit: Actually that's not quite true: if an unbranded RUU runs, then the phone is probably unlocked as well.

Reactions: shauny13
Upvote 0
i think you could be right as the lead is a little dogy meaning i have to play about with it i have just noticed to get it to charge
i will try and get one tomorrow its like a small usb lead the one end i have to move it about to get it to charge should the abmer light be on when its pluged in to the pc???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones