• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOOB please help htc desire stuck on boot screen

all updates went fine as i said still the same i know my options are running out but is there anythink else i can flash it with via sd card or somethink like that
Generally the RUU, whether applied via cable or card, is the software fix of last resort.

I guess if there are no other ideas you could try the recent gingerbread upgrade (downloadable from developer.htc.com). It's just another RUU though, so if the first one didn't work there's no reason at all to expect this one to. Only reason to suggest it is that it's something else that could be tried. The reason I didn't suggest it previously is that it's a one-way operation - if it manages to upgrade the hboot, there is no way of going back to anything else (whether it works or not), so it potentially closes off other options. But if you reach the point where you are sure there are no other options, and it's that or the bin, then it would be one last throw of the dice.

Upvote 0
FOR ANY1 STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS PROBLEM:

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC Desire is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7.Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones