• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old Member

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Cincinnati
CRAP! I had my Incredible in the waist of my shorts and jumped into my truck. I've done that 100's of times since I got my phone. THIS time I got out of my truck and went to unlock my phone and my screen was screwed. It has NUMEROUS cracks on the right hand side of the phone, now it is completely black. :mad: I called Assurion to get a new phone and of course they are out of stock (which I already knew). OH, BTW, side note, WTF is up with $90 deductible on this phone? I thought it was $50. I was told that the ship date on new Incredibles is August 10th, but I'm not holding my breath on that date. I asked if I could get a loaner of some sort to to get me through. They said they could ship me a Droid Eris and I laughed at them, she said that if she sent it to me it would be considered an even trade and the claim would be closed. I said NO WAY. I asked if I could get the Droid X when it came out on the 15th and she said that would be likely but they can't promise a phone that is not out yet.

Anyway, here is my question, is there anyway to get my computer to recognize my phone's hard drive without doing so on the touch screen? I wanted to get some things off of the hard drive but I can't seem to touch the correct place on the phone to set it as a hard drive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah , I switched to naked last week since I cut up my silicon to fit my 2150 and then went back to the 1750 battery. Need that case I ordered to come ASAP

I'm not sure about your hard drive question as usually if I dont' select an option it just goes as charge only by default.
I guarentee you someone will know how you can do that. I destoryed a laptop once but was able to get everything off my hard drive should be the same thing just a diffrent method.

Good luck man, hopefully they'll let you get a X when when they come out instead of waiting till August . That would really blow.

If Iwere you I'd pick up an Eris or Droid off Craigslist or Ebay sseen them go for as low as $175 . Then when you get your new phone from Asurion just sell it again , should be able to come even or maybe even make money

Upvote 0
Aw man, that really sucks.
Don't have an answer for ya re not using screen.
But as your waiting and if your Dinc is accepting touch commands you might put up various screen shots of Dinc on your pc, to give you idea of more precise location of the areas you need to touch. maybe enough to get into SDK.
I only use SDK for screen shots but I think all you need to do is touch "OK"

again sorry, and to add insult to injury $90 deduct :eek:
I didn't know that

Upvote 0
That is horrible, makes me think twice about going naked lately

I'm not going naked. I have a 2150 battery but cut my case to fit the new battery. Just sucks. I can't imagine what caused the cracks. I went without a case for about 2 weeks when I got my 2150 and dropped it 3 times from about waist high onto parking lots. It scratched the edge in two different places but no damage was done to my screen. For me to harm it by leaning on it was highly unexpected.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will help but the disk drive option is 1.5 inches below the top of the AMOLED screen (just aim for the center of the screen as the option goes all the way from left to right). The "done" button is right above the bottom of the screen in the center. Select the drive option first then the "done" button. If you hold up a ruler to the screen you should be able to get in.

Reactions: AdmSuvvuk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones