• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not a good time right now to show the phone off

HTCRALEIGHFAN

Jun 19, 2010
RALEIGH, NC
my buddy is coming over to show him hotspot as he wants the evo well guess what

data call failure error code 67
and then went to send a txt and got a sms error RADIO INTERFACE RESOURCE SHORTAGE casue code: 64 and error class: 2 (holy sheet)

so while on the ph waiting for help with sprint i try to goto mmajunkie and well no internet.

my wife is emailing me on the laptop and her ph is acting up also.

the chick at sprint 1st the chick said both phs could be defective! i said at the same time she said hmmmmm and asked me to hold.

then she comes back and she ck'ed for outages and there wasnt any and placed me on hold as she is contacting her tech support lol.

so no internet, cant text, cant hotspot

they had me reset the profile like 4 times and reboot the phone (batt out etc..)

-----------------------------------

per her tech support told her there is a problem and will be 2-4 hrs to be fixed

I've had the error 67 several times when trying to start the hotspot app. Had to shut it down, restart and it's seemed to work. I turned off the hotspot feature on my acct after about 3 weeks of dealing with that and let them know it was more work to deal with the errors and getting it to work than actually use it. If i need a hotspot on the go I can't wait around to troubleshoot their issues.

It seemed to happen more often in 4G area's than 3G, not sure if it's a reception issue or what. Hotspot worked great when it would connect up and the speeds to my computer were good and consistant but as you stated with the errors can be a real pita.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones