• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 4 vs Sony Xperia Z3?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
My Samsung N7000 Note is getting old. Feels slow, and it is on it's 3rd USB port - ready for a 4th.

My kneejerk reaction was to upgrade to a Note 4, but then it dawned on me that the Sony Xperia Z3 had a similar feature set (micro SD slot, USB hosting...), is touted tb IP68 immersion-resistant, and seems tb in the same price range unlocked/no contract.

So...

The Question: am I missing something?

Seems like the FM radio is lost either way.

Gorilla Glass? Proprietary (i.e. non-micro-USB) charger interface? Something else?

Seems like the screen might accept various aftermarket styluses (stylii?); or is that just the "Ultra" model(s)?

After-market stylii should work with any devices, they're passive and are basically just replacing using your fingers. Samsung S-pen has some additional features and functionality, but they're proprietary and specific to the Note.

Also, when I look for prices on Amazon all the offerings seem to be "International Version" which appears to lack a warranty.

??

They're grey import phones sold via third-party vendors through Amazon. It means there's no official Sony warranty on them. Because they're grey import, you can't go to an official Sony service centre with one. It's up to the seller and/or Amazon to sort it, if it has a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones