• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification Sound packs?

Is there some download(s) for sound packs?

I need some nicer and possibly more annoying sounds for notifications.

Also, if i have 2 or more email accounts, can i specify a notification sound for each?

Download Ringdroid. it will allow you to make any mp3 on your sd a ringtone, notification, or alarm. Then you can just dl some annoying sounds via the internet.

As for 2 different emails having different notifications I am not sure. But I know that you can change it for other apps.

Upvote 0
If you already have the files you want there is a pretty easy way to get them on your phone, using your computer:

Connect via USB > Pull down notification bar > push "USB Connected" > Mount

Now on your computer open up the device and look for a folder called 'media' (if it's not there already create it and note it's case sensitive). Inside the media folder create a folder called 'audio' and then inside of audio create three folders called alarms, notifications, and ringtones.

So the the structure should look like this:

Code:
                     > ringtones
meida > audio > notifications 
                     > alarms

If you put audio files in the ringtones folder then they will be ringtones, in notifications they will work sms, email and other notifications and alarms works for alarms.

Here is a collection of tones, most of them are from Android ROM rips but there might be a few ones I've downloaded:

http://kennyidaho.com/tones.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones