• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification sound wont change or get louder

thebest2

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
Ok so this problem is very annoying because I never hear any of my notifications when they come. I have tried countless times to change my notification type and sound but it wont change. It shows in the settings that it has changed but when i get a notification, it is the default one even though i changed it in the settings... any help would be greatly appreciated :D

It's different for texts and other notifications (such as emails, apps, and the sort).

To get notifications at a higher level, there are a few ways. While in any app or media using program, raise the volume on the volume bumper. The other main (and my preferred way) is to go to Settings-> Sound and Display-> Ringer Volume-> then adjust the volume for notifications.

For texts, go to Messaging-> press the Menu button (bottom left corner next to Home)-> select Settings-> then the last section is Notification Settings. Here you will find Select Ringtone, Vibrate and Notifications.

Also, if you have Vibrate or Silent selected from the drop-down menu, no sounds will play.

Hope this helps, it took me a while to figure all that out after trying to change my text notification tone and wondering why my notification volume kept going down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones