• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

notification tone

memphis9489

Dec 31, 2009
Whenever I get a text message I always get a subtle little chime on my phone. But it is not the notification tone that I setup under "Settings". In fact, no matter what I select for a notification tone, I always get the same little chime.

Isn't this configurable? If so, why will it not use the tone that I have designated for "Notifications"?

make sure you open the message application (not the widget view, go inside the app) and from the settings you can select what ever notification sound you want.

What you have changed if the default phone notification sound, but each app has its own sounds which you need to change from within the app.

Upvote 0
make sure you open the message application (not the widget view, go inside the app) and from the settings you can select what ever notification sound you want.

What you have changed if the default phone notification sound, but each app has its own sounds which you need to change from within the app.

capuman is saying this

General notifications
settings > sound & display > notification sound > (select sound)

Message notifications
messages > menu > settings > notifications (tick) = select sound

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones