• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odd issue - CM7 to stock to CM7

I'm having a problem with my Triumph. Just bought a Nexus 4 for use on T-Mo's Monthly 4G plan, so I wiped my Triumph, reinstalled stock ROM, booted up, activated it with my son's VM number to swap the phone to his VM account, then reinstalled CM7 (MTDEV 12/28) and gapps.

The phone now FCs and reboots whenever the phone is used. You can dial a number, like voicemail, and it will dial out, connect and then FC & reboot. This also happens when someone calls the phone. You can answer, get out a word or two, then it FCs & reboots...

Rewiped (factory reset/wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik), redownloaded and installed CM7, redownloaded and reinstalled gapps, but the problem persists.

The stock ROM I used was b_randon's bone stock version. It needed that so I could reactivate the phone using my son's number and clear out my number. (The VM activation process would not work on CM7.)

Any thoughts? I'm stumped and am tired of rewiping and reinstalling. Nothing seems to work.

I'm having a problem with my Triumph. Just bought a Nexus 4 for use on T-Mo's Monthly 4G plan, so I wiped my Triumph, reinstalled stock ROM, booted up, activated it with my son's VM number to swap the phone to his VM account, then reinstalled CM7 (MTDEV 12/28) and gapps.

The phone now FCs and reboots whenever the phone is used. You can dial a number, like voicemail, and it will dial out, connect and then FC & reboot. This also happens when someone calls the phone. You can answer, get out a word or two, then it FCs & reboots...

Rewiped (factory reset/wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik), redownloaded and installed CM7, redownloaded and reinstalled gapps, but the problem persists.

The stock ROM I used was b_randon's bone stock version. It needed that so I could reactivate the phone using my son's number and clear out my number. (The VM activation process would not work on CM7.)

Any thoughts? I'm stumped and am tired of rewiping and reinstalling. Nothing seems to work.

Just to make sure. You are using the GB gapps? And have you checked the checksum on the downloaded files? And I'll look at the stock ROM you downloaded to see if there are any things that might pose an issue.

Reactions: kptaylor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones