unplug usb cable from phone
    unplug battery from phone
    remove sd card from phone
    wait about 30 seconds
    plug batttery back in
    pug usb cable into phone and computer
    press and hold vol down, camera button, power button
    keep holding

if you dont see the yellow downloading screen (on phone) after 30 seconds, you probally havehard ware failure
  2. blue2107

blue2107 Well-Known Member

Did you uninstall the old drivers. Then install the ones in the zip?
  3. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

the driver you have should work, if not install ones from zip

I included them in zip just so you had everything you need in one package
  4. SpCowboy2842

SpCowboy2842 Well-Known Member

I sure did. The computer is picking up the phone being hooked up to the USB port because I can hear the confirmation bell, but everytime that I hit start on Odin to push the files it just comes up to connect the phone.
  5. hroark13

if phone screen does not say downloading Odin with not detect phone
  6. SpCowboy2842

That's what I was afraid of. LOL I've got a new Prevail coming this week, so I guess I'm all set up if something goes wrong next time.

All that comes up when I go into recovery mode is:
    1. Reboot system now
    2. apply sdcardupdate.zip
    3. wipe data/factory reset
    4. Wipe cache partition

in yellow at the bottom
    E:path /date/update success
    E: update file is backed up:not updated
    #Manual Mode#
  7. hroark13

you are pressing vol up, camera, power

dont do that

press vol down, camera, power button
    SpCowboy2842 likes this.
  8. SpCowboy2842

Thankyou, It's starting to download now.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. hroark13

you owe me 2 beers
    SpCowboy2842 and xtronwest like this.
  10. SpCowboy2842

Hell, I owe you a keg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been fighting with this thing for a week now trying to save it and had basically already gave up. I downloaded Odin the other day, but was completely lost. I still have a new one on the way though. Thankyou once again!!
  11. xtronwest

xtronwest Active Member

Can someone give me a lil help im stuck i open up odin now on the bottom right where it say op do i put SPHM820.ops now where it say boot what do i put
  12. xtronwest

xtronwest Active Member

NeverMind i got it Thanks i was going crazy without a phone
  13. borikua787

borikua787 Active Member

hroark13 Thank you for provided this information. It has worked for my Galaxy. I followed your steps and it unbricked it finally..
  14. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this and seeing how things develop around here. I am positive great things will come out of this as in us getting gingerbread up and running along with some other things. I am expecting great things out of your Shabby and I am grateful for what you have given us already.
  15. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

Things are really progressing due to a lot pretty impressive hard work and smarts. This takes a little bit of the risk out of the dreaded brick scenario. I expect that these tools will also allow more great things to be developed for the Prevail by these talented folks.

Thank You hroark13, shabby, interdph and all you other smart, diligent guys!
    new optimus likes this.
  16. SpCowboy2842

Take it from me, if it wasn't for all of these kick a@@ guys working on this phone making it what it is, I would be completely lost right now. I had a complete vibrating brick that I was at my wits end with up until earlier this afternoon and now I'm back in buisness with a complete flashed Prevail running .9 which is running great by the way!!!!!!!!!!! I even found the newest version of the Android market APK which I placed into the rom with no fear!!!!! A million thanks goes out to all of y'all!!!!!!!!
  17. Doyouwantaspoo

Doyouwantaspoo Well-Known Member

I god a Prevail a few weeks ago, and I rooted it, and ever since I did I've been having problems. SEVERE lag occasionally, even with nothing running, phone freezes, stocl battery says incompatible, and won't even charge sometimes (i'll plug it in for 8 hours when i sleep, next morning will only be like 25% charged).

do you think this will fix it? i dont really care about root anymore, i just want it to work.. i have to pull the battery out several times a day and its really frustrating.
  18. moses166

moses166 Well-Known Member

you might as well install shabbymod cuz it will fix most of those problems
  19. hroark13

this odin image is rooted

i am workin on an unrooted image but it is not so easy
  20. hroark13

You could of used it as a back massager
  21. SpCowboy2842

No, it was about to become a frisbee!!! LMAO!!!!!!
  22. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Great post I too thank all of you guys for your hard work and dedication.
  23. Doyouwantaspoo

Doyouwantaspoo Well-Known Member

i dont care if the phone is rooted or not, i just want it to stop freezing.. should i do the odin recovery or shabbymod? i dont even know what shabbymod is..
  24. Kamel

Kamel Well-Known Member

First, THANKS so much for contribution. What you've provided here is so valuable to the community.

I don't know if you already knew, or if it will be any use at all, but I did want to mention something. I rooted my phone as soon as I got it and did not do a system update in fear it would prevent me from being able to root it. After rooting it and being annoyed by the updated message for several days, I decided to go ahead and do the stinkin' update. Upon updating, nothing was damaged or changed in any bad way, but interestingly enough I lost root. Maybe you could somehow use this OTA update to your advantage when making an unrooted stock image.
  25. Kamel

Kamel Well-Known Member

I recommend doing the shabbymod shown here, wouldn't hurt.

I will say though, your experience seems completely unlike any I've seen or heard from the prevail. I suspect you may have a hardware issue.