• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories OEM HTC Touch Pro 2 Battery?

I bought an OEM TP2 battery from the same eBay seller and received it today. I was going to use my Droid Eris to charge it and test it out until my backorderd Incredible arrives (by 6/8 :(), but the battery was already almost fully charged. Does this mean anything?

New or used? I am pretty sure most are used, based on the response from one seller.

I have the 1600 mAh aftermarket (Cameron Sino) and it's not THAT much better, but maybe by 1-1.5 hours, tops.

I think there's an app draining my battery but I can't tell. Awake and Up times are within 3.5 minutes of each other.

Upvote 0
I had the TP2 Battery for a week now after using the stock one for a week as well. This TP2 Battery blows the doors off the stock battery. I used to run out of battery around 6pm and now I go to bed with the battery around 30 - 40 % charge left.

I'm seeing the same results with the TP2 battery. Again, no specifics, but it is so much better than the stock 1300 battery that I am beginning to wonder if my stock battery was a dud or something. Even in Airplane mode all day, it would drop significantly. With the TP2 very little drain the whole day. Completely worth it for the price.

Upvote 0
I'm seeing the same results with the TP2 battery. Again, no specifics, but it is so much better than the stock 1300 battery that I am beginning to wonder if my stock battery was a dud or something. Even in Airplane mode all day, it would drop significantly. With the TP2 very little drain the whole day. Completely worth it for the price.

You got the 1500mah?

Upvote 0
New or used? I am pretty sure most are used, based on the response from one seller.

I have the 1600 mAh aftermarket (Cameron Sino) and it's not THAT much better, but maybe by 1-1.5 hours, tops.

I think there's an app draining my battery but I can't tell. Awake and Up times are within 3.5 minutes of each other.

That's what I can't tell. The battery came in a sealed plastic bag (it's not hard to package things like this) with basically a full charge.

I've gone through a few charges so far with my Droid Eris, waiting a full 48 hours between charges. With the OEM Eris 1300 mAH battery, I would take the phone off the charger in the morning on day 1, and the battery meter would show a low "orange" status when I put it back on the charger at night on day 2, roughly 36 hours later. I would often get low battery warnings if I waited until late at night on day 2. With the OEM TP2 1500 mAH battery, the battery meter would still be green after 36 hours, and would only become orange _sometimes_ after 42 hours or so. I would not see any low battery warnings through 48 hours (haven't tested beyond this yet).

I don't know how the Eris 1300 mAH battery is compared to the Incredible 1300 mAH battery, but I'm hoping for a similar gain with the TP2 battery once I get my Incredible.

Upvote 0
I have run some tests on a CBA II computerized battery tester an it looks like the stock 1300 battery puts out less than 900mah! I am now testing a few tp2 battery's and will post my results soon. I even have full data charts.

I'm not surprised. The stock battery for me was useless. I had to charge everyday at lunch or I would never make it through the day.

Upvote 0
I just bought a NEW battery from ebay. the battery is clearly not new. the battery terminals were extremely worn. I am NOT connecting this battery to my phone. PS: It was a link off the batteryboss.org site for the htc tp2 1500 batt. :( I'm beginning to dislike ebay...

i got screwed on a TP2 battery on ebay too. the thing came completely dead, and upon charging it, it was down to 85% within ten minutes. so it's obviously bad. i will never buy a battery on ebay again. it's just a bad idea.

Upvote 0
i got screwed on a TP2 battery on ebay too. the thing came completely dead, and upon charging it, it was down to 85% within ten minutes. so it's obviously bad. i will never buy a battery on ebay again. it's just a bad idea.
I think you just need to find a consistently reliable seller. I bought my 1500mah battery from "bidallies", who has positive reviews on the batteries that (s)he sold, and I was definitely happy with mine. When it arrived it was 50% charged, which is apparently ideal, and it's been working much better than the stock for the past week.

Upvote 0
I think you just need to find a consistently reliable seller. I bought my 1500mah battery from "
bidallies", who has positive reviews on the batteries that (s)he sold, and I was definitely happy with mine. When it arrived it was 50% charged, which is apparently ideal, and it's been working much better than the stock for the past week.

yea, i guess. the seller does have good ratings though. i was fed up and wasn't messing around anymore so i got one straight from Verizon. just got it today, it arrived 60% charged. i charged it up all the way and it's definitely good.

Upvote 0
it's a little to soon to jump to any real conclusions, but i have been streaming music for the last 3 hours straight along with searching the market, and downloading/installing and deleting a few apps and reading some RSS feeds and i am at 60%.

4h 15m since unplugged
display is on for 2h 55m of that
wifi on the whole time, connected here at home
mediaserver shows 142MB of data received

so i've been beating it pretty hard for 3 hours and still and at just under 2/3 left.

Upvote 0
I bought an OEM TP2 battery from the same eBay seller and received it today. I was going to use my Droid Eris to charge it and test it out until my backorderd Incredible arrives (by 6/8 :(), but the battery was already almost fully charged. Does this mean anything?

Same thing here. It came fully charged in just a sealed bag, nothing else. Appeared to be new when I got it, so didn't put much thought into it possibly being used. Working better than the stock battery so far.

Upvote 0
I've been very happy so far with this inexpensive 1500 mAh battery/charger combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Li-ion-Battery-Desktop-Charger-HTC-Droid-Incredible-/290439499700?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item439f8b0fb4

No exhaustive double-blind double secret probation lab tests... but my totally subjective experience is that this battery lasts about a day and a half; the stock battery was lucky to make it through the day. And the other benefit is that when I take the battery from the charger and put it in my Dinc, it's always charged at 100%... no plug/charge/unplug/recharge dance necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones