• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Offical Moment Update

sorry. just skimmed it and thought it meant future updates. my bad. At least by getting it out there quick it shows the release itself is ready for prime time but not to the point it can be a simple OTA download and update. I'd rather them release it with a little bit of control and caution then keep us waiting until they get the OTA side right. Unless my assumption is just off.
But the note on the Sprint site specifically says that it will be offered direct to phone 'soon.'

I just can't wait!

Upvote 0
I went to the new Sprint store down the block for the first time. It is a repair center but it isn't Sprint owned. Unfortunately, the techs won't be in for another hour and I may not have time to go there then. I guess the store opens at 10:00, but the tech people don't roll in till noon? If I can't do it at noon, I will have to wait till next week and /or when download is available.

Upvote 0
I almost flashed my device with the community developed updates two days ago, but decided not to. Why did I decide not to? Because the way my luck usually runs, I figured they'd immediately release an official update. Turns out... my track record would have continued to be perfect!

Yesterday was my birthday too. What a great birthday present!!

I'll be stopping by a sprint store today, probably at lunch. I'll report back later this afternoon!

-SF

Upvote 0
Just called the nearest Sprint service center. They do indeed have the update, and told me to go ahead and bring the phone in.

Somehow, I doubt it will take the full 2 hour window that they gave me for "PDA repair".

-SF

The two hours window is standard for most if not all software updates even if it is a brew based phone. and highly recommend a backup of your phone before you do the update.

Upvote 0
*Offical Warning*
If you go with sprint and have them flash it.. do not post problems on teh dev community site and/or ask us how to root it..
Sprint's update will more then likely make our root/modification procesor not work anymore (thus non of the developers are going through with the update from sprint) and we will not support offical updates (until it is opensource atleast)... just a word of warning

Upvote 0
Went I the repair center down the street from me. Of course it was a girl that isn't usually there. It took her 20 min to find the email she had seen about it then procceded to tell me that cl14 was the old version and the new version was cl05 that I already had. I wasn't going to argue with her since she was obviously an idiot. ;) I have a few things to do so ill try to find another repair center in my travels. Ill let you know! :)

Upvote 0
The sprint store has my device right now. I'm hagin' in the Panera next door, mooching some WiFi.

They told me I was their first "guinea pig" with this update. They said that they didn't even have the drivers for the Moment loaded on their workstation back in the back yet, so they would have to do that first. Apparently they haven't done much with this phone at this particular repair center.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes OK.

On a side note, the guy that took in my phone turned his monitor around and showed me on the screen some information that stated that this update would be available TOA in the "near future", although, he agreed that "near future" really doesn't tell us much at all.

-SF

Upvote 0
The sprint store has my device right now. I'm hagin' in the Panera next door, mooching some WiFi.

They told me I was their first "guinea pig" with this update. They said that they didn't even have the drivers for the Moment loaded on their workstation back in the back yet, so they would have to do that first. Apparently they haven't done much with this phone at this particular repair center.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes OK.

On a side note, the guy that took in my phone turned his monitor around and showed me on the screen some information that stated that this update would be available TOA in the "near future", although, he agreed that "near future" really doesn't tell us much at all.

-SF
Let us know how battery response is and everything since we dont have the kernel files yet (stupid samsung and opensourcing)...
Interested to know what their "implementations" are.. Also if you could give us a baseband version (it is in settings-> about phone) Let us know if it is 4.OS.CL14 or 8.Os.CL14 ...

It really should take them about 1 minute to load up the upgrade btw

Upvote 0
Let us know how battery response is and everything since we dont have the kernel files yet (stupid samsung and opensourcing)...
Interested to know what their "implementations" are.. Also if you could give us a baseband version (it is in settings-> about phone) Let us know if it is 4.OS.CL14 or 8.Os.CL14 ...

It really should take them about 1 minute to load up the upgrade btw

According to the arrival posted it will be 8.OS .CL14. Guess we will see! ;)

Upvote 0
Update update....The techs arrived and after much searching found the required update software. After the d/l and install they tried 3 times to upgrade the phone but could not get the software to communicate with my phone. They wanted me to leave my phone, but I said I needed it. Instead, they're now trying to update the store model and will call me when successful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones